Once dismissed as a toy for lazy photographers, the iPhone is the new, hip and creative camera whose images now grace magazine covers, museum walls and gallery openings. In this workshop we focus on the fine iPhone landscape, exploring the shooting, editing and stylizing techniques that will take you from casual captures to serious artwork.
This workshop will open your eyes and pump your creative juices to craft images that you’ll be proud to share, exhibit and sell. With five days of shooting, processing, learning and fun during the autumn color on Madeline Island, your every iPhone Artistry urge will have time to flex and stretch.
- Explore iPhone-specific image capture, editing and stylizing, with an eye toward creating landscapes with intrigue and beauty.
- From straight landscape to painterly effects, learn how to steer your iPhone images in a direction that mirrors your personal vision.
- Learn how easy it is to blend multiple images for stunning effects, all in the palm of your hand.
- Field trips let you practice your skills in the field and, later, in the classroom as you polish your images.
- Enjoy shooting during a fantastic evening boat tour of the Disciple Islands!
- Print your iPhone/iPad images on luxurious fine art papers. You’ll make prints that you’ll be proud to share, exhibit and sell.
You’ll leave this class with a vast assortment of approaches and techniques to elevate your iPhone landscapes above the ocean of “me-too” filter effects and borders!